Saturday, May 28, 2011

True Story

When I was growing up my mum would tell me that when I got married I should add my surname onto the end of my husband's surname ...forming a double barrell name. She was all for maintaining my own identity.

My maiden name is Gosling.



Within a week of meeting Ant I knew that this was the man I was going to marry and spend the rest of my life with. When I told my mum what his surname was her thoughts of maintaining my individuality went right out the window.

His surname is Duckworth.




Mrs Duckworth - Gosling ... I don't think so!


So Mrs Duckworth it is. Atleast I have flown from one feathered family to another and the beautiful product is two gorgeous girlie ducklings.


We have our open inspection again today, then swimming with the littlies, trip to the hairdressers for me, then to the supermarket. Tomorrow shall be a day a rest! Are you up to anything out of the ordinary this weekend?



(I'm having impossible problems with commenting on others blogs and having comments left on my blog - will explain more in my next post. In the meantime if you'd like to leave a comment then email me on fadedwhitelinen@gmail.com Thanks)
Images found via pinterest

x

2 comments:

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

I love this story. Duckworth-Gosling LOL - Glad you "ducked" out of that one! Have a lovely weekend! x Sharon

Angela Steyn said...

Haha, I love it! Too funny xxx