Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birdcage Fascination

Morning all.

At the moment I have a real liking of birdcages.  I blogged about a beautiful outdoor setting with them as a feature here. I don't like the idea of keeping real birds trapped inside them but as a purely aesthetic feature I think they are great!

I see them everywhere at the moment and think that one day a birdcage might just find it's way into my home. (Or garden- I have seen old tatty wooden cages amid flower beds with pretty flowers poking through the cage
- such a cute idea. Will take note for my future cottage garden)

Here's an assortment of pretty cages- all of which I would have!









I adore the whimsy when looking at these objects and won't tire of them any time soon!

Stay warm on this wet and blustery day.

Images found via pinterest

x

5 comments:

Glamour Drops said...

I love old birdcages too, but only when they don't have poor birds stuck inside them. Beautiful, as you say, with plants inside them, or candles.

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

All I can say is ... great minds think alike! See my recent post! x Sharon

Melissa said...

LOOOOVE these- gorgeous!

melissa x

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi gorgeous,

I really like these images you've shown. I'm so sad that we don't live closer. We have such similar taste. It would be lovely to have a friend to chat through decisions with.

Sarahxx

Tara said...

I have a couple of old cages and like you love the look..xx